Wednesday 5 October 2011

That's not my name.

Interestingly enough, here in Malawi the "r's" and the "l's" are switched whenever people feel like it. I found out because I am now called Laura, Laula, Raura and Raula. There is no pattern or correlation for when people decide to change the letters which means I have to be prepared to answer to all of those names.

There's no actual harm in changing the letters. In fact it can be quite entertaining. The other day the local newspaper published an article about the President visiting a school and titled it "School of crapping children greet the President."It makes you wonder if the journalists were just having a fun day at the office.

3 comments:

  1. Raula, i like that...i think i might just take that one up so you better get used to it!
    glad you're having fun and developing a split personality! haha

    miss you and love you
    Nuno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I still think I prefer Laurrre. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahah...lindo Lala!!poderia bem viver aí!!Será q tenho raizes familiares de Malawi??

    ReplyDelete